What's New

Always looking for freelance / contract work. Let me hear from you.

Monday, March 23, 2009

You Talkin’ to Me?

Successful interviewing entails listening, not just asking. I was reminded of this simple fact recently when I interviewed Graham Fenton, starring as Frankie Valli in the national touring company of "Jersey Boys," which is coming to Orlando in May.

I asked him about the nerve-wracking audition process he endured (including singing for Frankie Valli himself) and he started off by saying he first heard of the auditions in Miami when he was living in Orlando. Viola! Instant local connection. I made sure I followed up on that tidbit and that connection became my lede paragraph.

Moral of the story? If I had been so myopically focused on my next question that nifty little nugget likely would have escaped my radar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me here from ya. Leave a comment.